My Best Christmas by Thomas Gleeson - Personalised Book
- Free Shipping On All Orders Over €60
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Reading aloud to children helps them to thrive as it has clear cognitive benefits. It also strengthens children’s social, emotional, and character development and is linked to decreased levels of aggression, hyperactivity, and attention difficulties
- This book is written by Thomas Gleeson, illustrated by his Grandfather Seán McDermott and printed in Ireland. It has been featured on RTÉ's Nationwide and Virgin Media Television's Ireland AM
- It captures the, excitement and magic of Christmas in the eyes of a child in Ireland. It includes the child's name, townland, friends and family etc
- This charming personalised book can be printed with a special dedication to the child
- Brainchild of Ennis man Thomas Gleeson, this book is part of a new series of books known as "Stories About You"
- This hard back gloss book is A5 in size and is personalised for you and printed to order
- SAMPLE OF STORY
My Best Christmas
Shauna O’Rourke was 4 and lived with her family in Tipperary. She loved family parties, but most of all Christmas was by far the best. Every day she marked off the days slowly but surely leading up to the big day. This year was going to be special as Shauna was going to her first Christmas Pantomime.
Christmas holidays were always a magical time of the year in Nenagh. There was always great excitement and preparation in the house! She had spent a long time writing her letter to Santa before she sent it to Lapland. Shauna had tried so hard to be good this year! She begged Santa to bring her everything she had wished for. She couldn’t believe it when she received a reply from Santa and his elves!
Christmas shopping was always an exciting time for Shauna. Even though she hadn’t a lot of money she loved buying presents for her family. The streets and shops were all lit up with Christmas lights. The sound of carol singers echoed loudly through the streets. Shauna was so busy looking in the shop windows she nearly lost sight of her mother.
Shauna had just got home from town after the big Christmas shop and began to finish decorating the house. They all helped to put the ornaments and lights on the tree. Shauna wrapped and put all her presents neatly underneath. It was Shauna’s job to put the angel on top of the Christmas tree. Shauna knew that 2019 was going to be a special Christmas.
Early next morning she heard the postman ring the bell. The postman asked “Does a Shauna O’Rourke live here? “Yes, yes I’m here” roared Shauna as she leapt out of bed. Shauna was eager to see what was inside the big box but her mother said she had to wait until Christmas morning! The parcel was really heavy, the magic of Christmas was building.
“Can I bring it up to my room?” said Shauna. This was followed by a stern warning not to open it until the next morning. Mam spent all that day cooking and baking while Shauna helped her dad with the outdoor lights. There was visitors calling all day long, the ground was covered in snow!
At last it was time to go to bed. T’was the night before Christmas. Shauna made sure to leave out milk and cookies for Santa and some carrots for Rudolph and his friends. Shauna’s Christmas stocking was hanging up on the end of her bed. She warned her parents to be in bed before Santa arrived. Shauna listened out for Santa, as Ella heard him last year
Shauna woke suddenly thinking she had heard something. She rushed into the living room to find all the presents. She screamed with joy and woke the whole house. Her mother told her to go back to bed as it was only 5:30 am. Bed was the last thing on Shauna’s mind. Shauna opened the box in her room, to find a giant box of Cadbury’s Roses. She couldn’t wait to dive in and try every chocolate!
Shauna put on her new clothes. She was very slow to leave her new toys and games. It was 8 o’clock and Shauna had just finished half a tin of roses and a selection box and was feeling fairly full going to church. She couldn’t wait to get to mass to meet her friends and to enjoy the singing of the different Christmas carols. As mass ended the snow was falling heavily.
Shauna would have loved to make snowballs to throw at Ella but her mother had other ideas. “LATER” she said as she didn’t want her ruining her new clothes. In the car on the way home Dad tried to find a shop that was open to buy batteries. After Christmas dinner Shauna and Ella made a snowman. It was getting dark and everybody sat around the fire and watched a Christmas Movie. This was the best Christmas Shauna had ever had and wished it could start all over again
Enjoy this Special
Book From Santa
- Your gift will arrive beautifully wrapped in soft tissue
- We present your gift in a WowWee gift bag hand-tied with a satin ribbon
- A WowWee gift card can be included with your personal message
- The recipient is sure to feel special with a gift to remember
- Add a Box of Chocolates to make this gift extra special
- We never include any paperwork (invoices/packing slips etc.) with your gift
- Delivered to you or the recipient in 1-2 working days within Ireland
- Delivery charge within Ireland is €4.99 on your entire order when spending under €60
- Enjoy Free Delivery on all orders over €60 throughout Ireland
- Delivery to the UK is €10.50
- Delivery to Europe is €15.50
- Delivery to the Rest of the World is €20.00
- The Delivery time for international orders can vary depending on the destination